• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shooter31
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2018

123 gr SST COL

In regard to chamber pressures. I'm using 8208 XBR and 123 gr sst. I'm working in the upper end of the load data. I'm also going to swap between suppressed and unsuppressed and I know the suppressor will increase pressure a bit.
    So usually a longer col gives less pressure, but getting to close to lands can increase it a fair amount. I've read by the time your seeing the signs of over pressure it's well over.
    Accuracy will dictate col I know, but in trying to keep pressure low with 8208 xbr and 123 set's, what has been a general col or ogive measurement?
  • imaguy3
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

I started my load development with same powder and bullet using the base to ogive of factory ammo, which was 1.666".

I ended up settling on 1.656" for accuracy.

In my chamber I was well over pressure well before book max. I was seeing significant pressure signs (popped primers, heavy brass smears) almost a full grain under book max, but I was seeing 2450 fps.

I'm now at 26.9gr and that appears to be the top limit (both from visible pressure signs and quick load information).
    In my 16" barrel I'm at 2325fps.

Comment

• Shooter31
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2018

Thanks. Which chamber is your gun?

Comment

• imaguy3
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

Ballistic Advantage, type II

I also run suppressed.