X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

AR comp works great for me in the 123 Hornady's... the gold dots, I've moved them over to my Creed as a secondary bullet.
    That's what I've been doing for a while now.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• FW Conch
      Warrior
      • Nov 2014

I didn't give up on AR Comp, I just never used it. I've got more powder on the shelf than My heirs can use, many work with the Grendel. I see no reason to force another powder on the shelf, and search for science that does not exist. But if I did want to, I would start low & work up, looking for signs along the way, which is the"art" that 99% of us have to rely on, because we don't have trace equipment etc. The best of published data is not a sure fire match to My rifle. That's why we start low & work up. JMAO��

Comment

• Former Cav
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2019

so tell me, what is a catastrophic failure on an AR 15.??
        I've never seen one.
        I have seen pictures of a "Kaboom" on the M1A's.
        thus far I have had zero problems since 1979 loading 38, 357, 41 mag, 44 spec and mag, 45 aCP, 223, 243, .308, 6.5 x 284, and now grendel.
        I always start LOW and work up. I do read the primers etc. When I get a good load, then I chronograph them.
        I used to do both but I no longer have the ability to do that at a public range. (I was at a private club range when I lived in MN).

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Cav you can still do it at a public range if you want to, just get the magnetospeed or lab radar... I use the mgspd at my public range and it's all gtg. The chrony is my friend at the bench.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Former Cav
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2019

I know I can do it on a public range IF I am only checking for speed.
            I have an Oehler 35 P Chrono it works great, but you have to line up 3 skyscreens and then your iron sights (or scope) on the target and that all takes time.
            they don't want to spend that much time at the Ben Avery range!
            So.... I shoot for patterns first... then speed when I find the GOOD groups.
            Of course, I watch the brass like a hawk, and extraction, etc.
            Where I used to live, and being retired, I could get to the range during the week and nobody was there.
            I could take my time, line up the chrono, the target and the rifle and have it. It was a luxury.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

A Lab radar or a magnetospeed are your friends. The LR is a short term part time job away. I understand retirement and a fixed income, mainly because I?m starting over at 40 in that regard. Cash is king, and he?s most cruel to those in short supply...
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• FW Conch
                Warrior
                • Nov 2014

^ Then why do We have this stupid fixation with this sport = pore house

Comment

• Popeye212
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by FW Conch View Post
                  ^ Then why do We have this stupid fixation with this sport = pore house
                  Because we're having fun and scientifically proven to be good therapy (relaxing)!!!

Comment

• FW Conch
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2014

^ Oh, that's right ! Thanks, I forgot

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                      Chieftain
                      • Oct 2016

FW - because it's fun. And fun is priceless.
                      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Popeye212
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2018

And what Kswhitetails said ^^

Comment

Working...
                        X