• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Songdog
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

Couple of questions about reloading

I just got my new T/C prohunter barrel from Bull Berry. I have new lapua cases and am planing to reload some 85gr. Sierra Hp into it. I gauged my COAL at 2.183 touching the lands. I thought I would set my bullet depth at a total of 2.178 and start from there. In the book though it shows a Coal of 2.130 will this longer length cause me an issue??
    Also I need to get a full length sizing die I have a Forster seating micro die but been waits 2 month for them to get the sizing die and they said they are still 6 more weeks out. So I am going to get a Redding die with bushings. My neck on a dummy case I loaded to length is .290 so how do I know what size bushing to get. Never had a die like that before. Thanks for an help you can give me, I don?t have any friends that reload to ask.
  • FW Conch
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

In the lengths that You mention, are You talking about "Cartridge Over All Length" or "Case Base To Ogive" ?

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

My 110g Lehigh defense controlled chaos are loaded to 2.245. My 110g maker rex are currently at 2.195 but I'm just starting to experiment with them and have not played with seating depth. With the controlled chaos i experimented with multiple seating depths.

Fw i took it as over all length

Comment

• Songdog
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by FW Conch View Post
        In the lengths that You mention, are You talking about "Cartridge Over All Length" or "Case Base To Ogive" ?
        Cartridge over all length,

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Songdog View Post
          I just got my new T/C prohunter barrel from Bull Berry. I have new lapua cases and am planing to reload some 85gr. Sierra Hp into it. I gauged my COAL at 2.183 touching the lands. I thought I would set my bullet depth at a total of 2.178 and start from there. In the book though it shows a Coal of 2.130 will this longer length cause me an issue??
          Also I need to get a full length sizing die I have a Forster seating micro die but been waits 2 month for them to get the sizing die and they said they are still 6 more weeks out. So I am going to get a Redding die with bushings. My neck on a dummy case I loaded to length is .290 so how do I know what size bushing to get. Never had a die like that before. Thanks for an help you can give me, I don?t have any friends that reload to ask.
          I would start at 2.173 coal. That way your .10 thousands from the lands.

Also if the dummy round has a neck size of 290 get the 288 bushing for your die.

Comment

• Songdog
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2017

Thank You!!

Comment

Working...
            X