• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Wolf FMJ load length SAAMI chamber

Has any member here ever pulled a FMJ from a Wolf case and measured their SAAMI chamber to see what the COAL is when it contacts the lands?

Would like too compare what I got in my AA 16 inch lightweight barrel tonight.

Was playing around can't sleep, knee is killing me. So I decided too pull a fmj out of a case and put with my stash of bullets for measuring chambers.

Wow the bullet nearly falls out the modified case by the time it contacts the lands.

Coal= 2.451. Is where it contacts in my AA barrel.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 05-29-2019, 08:08 PM. Reason: SAAMI vs sammi
  • depletedyourcranium
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

I've been eyeballing one of those AA lightweight or incursion barrels for an upper purpose built to shoot 100gr Wolf. Let me know what kind of accuracy you end up getting out of that barrel.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by depletedyourcranium View Post
      I've been eyeballing one of those AA lightweight or incursion barrels for an upper purpose built to shoot 100gr Wolf. Let me know what kind of accuracy you end up getting out of that barrel.
      If I do my part at the bench off the bags my 16 inch AA barrel has always given me just over a inch groups. Firing offhand or standing I can do 20 rounds in a 3 inch group at 100.

More then good enough for what I use that ammo for.

Was more interested in what others got when measuring their chambers with that bullet.

When I measure my barrel for land contact the bullet nearly falls out the modified case. So factory rounds are way well short of contacting the lands.

Was just bored and couldn't sleep, so thought I would pull one and see what it was is all.

Comment

Working...
      X