• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daved20319
    Warrior
    • May 2019

Hornady LnL bushings?

I'll admit it, I'm as lazy as I can get away with being. And when I first used a Hornady press with the LnL bushings, I liked it enough that I converted my Rockchucker over to use them as well. For the loading I've been doing, .223, 9 mm, and .45 ACP, they've been fine, although I have had them loosen up a bit during a loading session, and even had one back out completely one time. So now I just make it a habit to check them periodically.

But my question has to do with using them for precision loading. Is it a bad idea? Are they a recipe for inconsistent ammo, or are there enough variables in the process already that it doesn't really make a significant difference? I'm putting together my first Grendel, a Howa Mini-action, and hope to wring every bit of accuracy out of it possible, which includes the ammo, of course. My ultimate goal is being able to reach out 1000 yards, so anything I can do (or NOT do) to increase my chances of success is worth it to me, especially if the cost is just a little inconvenience. Your thoughts will be much appreciated, thanks.

Dave
  • imaguy3
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

I use the LNL system on my 280ai bolt gun and produce consistent ammo with them (in terms of run out and base-ogive)... I've had no issues with them, including never having them loosen...

I'm shooting 1/2 moa with that load and I have done no load development aside from one bullet/one powder. I'm sure if I played around with others I could get it smaller... but my hornady dies in the lnl bushings are not the issue.

Comment

• lazyengineer
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2019

They work well, run them with confidence. I shoot X-rings at 600 yards with ammo loaded on bushing dies.
      4x P100

Comment

Working...
      X