• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koden
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

Hornady 135g A-TIP

It's probably a bit heavy and a bit long for the Grendel but the (published) specs are nice:

.637 (G1)
    .321 (G7)

I dont see any OAL numbers posted anywhere yet but I bet its a pretty long bullet to get those numbers. Anyone planning on trying them? At $75/100 there not cheap. Powder Valley has them a little cheaper but not in stock.
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

Probably going to try those in the Creedmoor but a bit heavy for me for the Grrr.

Comment

• centerfire
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

They sure used the word sexy a lot of times in the promotion video.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Hope they bring out a 120 or 123 grain like that.

Comment

• Gusmeister
          Warrior
          • May 2017

Hornady sure thinks this will make them the lead dog in the pack. For hacks like me their hard work would not be appreciated. But jumping into the .1 MOA community seems so difficult as to be nearly a waste of time. Hope there bullets are as good as they say since 75 cents a pop demands a world class bullet.

We will know soon enough how good the bullet is. I think it's shape/length would force it into the 107gr category for the Grendel.

I wish them well.

Comment

• BCHunter
            Warrior
            • Jan 2018

Will be interesting how these perform, both in the market and at range. They are only available for 6mm, 6.5mm and .30 call. So definitely targeted at the precision rifle shooters.

Comment

• Bronsonburner
              Warrior
              • Dec 2018

At 135 grains I would think they're too heavy to get much usable range in the Grendel.

Comment

Working...
              X