• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Labrat198
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Tac for Barnes TTSX 120gr

Looking for any data on 120gr TTSX and Tac. It's the only combination I was not able to find with the components I have on hand.
  • Clays23
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Hornadys data for their 120-123 grain bullets including the all copper 120 grain GMX is 24-27.8 I'd start with that and go from there
    Joshua 1:9

Comment

• meatsweats
      Warrior
      • Aug 2018

Comment

• Labrat198
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

I found data for the 100gr pills, but not for the 120's on the ramshot website. Between meatsweats using 27grains and the hornady lead free data I think I can safely work up something, unless anyone has anything more to say on it.
        Last edited by Labrat198; 04-15-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• LTQZ
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2019

Morning Labrat198,

Barnes does not list TAC for the 120, nor does Ramshot.
          I will be going with IMR 8208 for the 100 and 120 TTSX's( https://www.barnesbullets.com/wp-con...ndelForWeb.pdf)

Maybe this will help.
          Knowledge and understanding leads to Wisdom.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

120gr TTSX should not be lumped in with 120gr cup & core bullets because it's a solid.

From a reloading perspective, it behaves more like a long 140gr bullet considering case capacity and start pressure.

They don't like being shoved into the lands, so slower-burning ball powders are the direction I would go.

CFE223 and LeveRevolution are what I would look at.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Labrat198
              Warrior
              • Nov 2018

I am also testing IMR 8208 XBR and H335, so I will have a good load for these pills before I need them this fall. I am leaning towards 100grTTSX with IMR 8208 XBR for my final hunting load, but wanted to fill in a few blank spots in my testing matrix. Gives me a reason to go shooting some more.

Comment

• Jakal
                Warrior
                • May 2014

33.9 grains of CFE223 and the 100 grain Barnes TTSX runs 2725 out of my 16" Alexander Arms.

8208 ran about 125 fps slower.

This is my dedicated nightvision coyote rig.
                ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• Labrat198
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Jakal View Post
                  33.9 grains of CFE223 and the 100 grain Barnes TTSX runs 2725 out of my 16" Alexander Arms.

8208 ran about 125 fps slower.

This is my dedicated nightvision coyote rig.
                  I have heard that CFE223 has some temp sensitivity issues, even more than Tac. I have had opening weekends in the 70's all the way down to the low teens.

I should note that I am working on several things at once. The Tac was not purchased with making a hunting load in mind, I just wanted to have some data on it. CFE223 and LeveRevolution are on my list of powders to try eventually too.

Comment

Working...
                  X