Clear All
  • va_connoisseur
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Frankford Intelli Dropper

• Mad Charlie
    Warrior
    • May 2017

I guess you figured out the spout with the cap on the side of the unit was for draining the powder...

My Chargemaster has to be "run dry" also. One WOULD think that they would mention the procedure for draining powder and clearing the system.

Comment

• va_connoisseur
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

Yeah, I figured it out. But being in training and development all my life makes me particular about manuals. And I probably would not have been so critical of manual and the lack of clean out instructions if so much powder was not left in the system after I cleared the bin via the spout. I’ve dropped Frankford a line, I’ll report back in their reponse.

Comment

• PNW_Grendel
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2018

I also recently bought one of these. I have been using it over a month now and really like the ease of use and speed. I also had to figure out how to clean the machine for a powder change, instructions would have been useful. Charges have been spot on for me with various different powders and charge weights.

Comment

• caleb90
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2019

i have been considering buying one of these, but just been waiting for more reviews on it. currently using a uniflow powder drop and trickler for my stick powders. pretty time consuming

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

I'm kinda confused on what your saying.
            You checked 15 and 4 were overcharged? That's 26%.

Comment

• va_connoisseur
              Warrior
              • Oct 2016

No, I can see how that was confusing. Of all the charges, 4 were over. When a charge is over you get an alert. I dumped the powder back in the hopper and it ran another charge, which was accurate.

I randomly checked 15 and they were spot on. They were check on my gas-1500 and beam. So as I was running the 140+ charges, I would randomly dump the charge into my gs-1500 to check the weight and from there onto my beam scale. Each time I did that, they all read 44gr.

Comment

• Bigs28
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2016

Got it. Thank you for clarifying for me.

Comment

• Bronsonburner
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2018

I am REALLY interested in this product. The old manual hand-trickle thing is getting tiresome and is very time-consuming. I was about to go with a Chargemaster Lite when I heard about the Frankford unit. I noticed in the two videos I watched however that drift may be a major issue. Reference this video:

Until they get it sorted out I'll hold off a bit.

Edit to add I see it's out of stock at all the places I would care to order from.
                  Last edited by Bronsonburner; 04-05-2019, 11:45 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                    Warrior
                    • May 2017

Yeah, I noticed that they were mostly out of stock. Kind of indicates that they are getting popular to me.

I have been using a Chargemaster for about four years without problems.

Comment

• Cornbread
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2015

Save your money. All of these scales are strain gauges and drift. The chargemaster reprogrammed and with a modified drop tube is about as good as you can get in this class of scales. I have a hornady and it's junk. A good powder measure will throw within a tenth with the right powder. Otherwise spend the money for a magnetic force balance.

Comment

• va_connoisseur
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2016

I’ve logged over 250 drops since my initial report, no drifts and the randomized test show it to be spot on.

What is a comparable example of a magnetic force balance?

Comment

• PGW Steve
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2017

If you really want to spend cash on an automated powder system, get an FX 120i with an autotrickler.com system on it. Don't be tempted by the amazing Shotmarker system on that site either, I have one and it makes long range shooting a dream like experience.

Comment

• Cornbread
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2015

^^ This.

Comment

• caleb90
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2019

for that kind of money id rather weigh out with a spoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X