• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caleb90
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

power pro varmit

tried searching but very little info on this powder. sierra's data seems to favor this powder, any experiances with it?
  • Bfglowkee
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

I noticed that as well. I cant recall why I choose to not go with PPV but it may have to do with the temp sensitivity. But it does look like a "One powder to rule them all " option when it comes to the Grendel and different pill weight....back to the google fu and see what I can see.

Comment

• Bfglowkee
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

Buried in the forum but found it:

I was interested to note that Sierra's 6.5 Grendel reloading data (https://sierrabulletsblog.com/2017/11/16/sierra-bullets-6-5-grendel-load-data/) listed Alliant Power Pro Varmint as one of their best Grendel powders for all bullet weights. I remember Bill Alexander once telling me that the discontinued Alliant Reloder 12 —

I am sure there is info on page one as well but that's what I found when I searched a bit

Comment

• caleb90
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2019

so its worse than cfe for temp stability, tac seems to be the best ball powder for this from what ive read

Comment

• LtDan
          Warrior
          • Sep 2017

Take a look at Johnny's Reloading Bench and he used N133 and PPV with 120 grain ELD's and it grouped very well and a low SD for both powders. Ran PPV up to 29 gr

Comment

Working...
          X