Clear All
  • Jmccracken
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

123 match monsters?

• Bfglowkee
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

They appear to be the 123 CC from noslers minus the shiny finish. I have 400 Nosler 123 CCs labeled BLEMS on the way from SPS and would be curious how they look compared to the MM from Misdouth. Sneaking suspicion they could be the same exact and the MM are not BLEMS but unpolished products? Who knows....I just math wizard'd the costs and found ordering from SPS was 19 cents a round after shipping vs the 24 cents from midsouth ( and I got some 77g CCs for my daughters rifle as well for silly low price as over runs.)

Comment

• Clays23
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

Joshua 1:9

Comment

• GregP42
        Warrior
        • Mar 2015

I have both and they measure the same when I used a friends comparitor to see if the ogive was in the same place. I have shot about 500+ of these out of my Contender pistol and one of my ARs, the RAP like the 123 SST, and my 12" AR seems to like the 120gr Sierra at the moment.

Comment

• DDRanch
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

FYI;

Comment

• Yissnakk
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2019

I ordered a bunch of those SPS blems too - there was another thread here talking about them not chambering at standard COAL and needing to be seated deeper...

Comment

• PNW_Grendel
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2018

I ordered a sample pack of 20, loaded them with some CFE, terrible results(2+ MOA groups). I ordered some more to test out, CFE has not shot well for me at all with any bullet. Going to load them in front of some XBR and varget and see where that gets me.

Comment

• Bfglowkee
                Warrior
                • Jan 2019

Comment

• Yissnakk
                  Unwashed
                  • Feb 2019

I'm going to check the SPS Nosler blems with H335 and BL-C2. Going to start them with a low charge - thinking about using the barrel break-in shots to fire-form some 7.62x39 brass too - anyone see an issue with that? Planning on doing a slow and steady, fire one, patch the barrel, wait a couple of minutes, fire another, wash, rinse, and repeat for 50 rounds (all the fire-forming I had planned as a first run) then move on to initial shots with actual Grendel brass at the same tempo for another 100 or so (got a bit of reloading ahead of me...)

Comment

• Sinclair
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

Yissnakk,

I have 400 blems from SPS that I have not had an opportunity to reload. Mine have an imperfect maplat. A Maplat uniformer set cost $100.00!! Sinclair (the company, not me) has quit making theirs so Midway is the only place that I have found a uniformer. I have read, that the Class F shooters due this routinely? Maybe Clem or some other Class F shooter, could step up and answer that for us. Today, it is 14 degrees outside, a little too cold in my garage to be reloading. Maybe late June or early July the weather will be more favorable! I really hope that these blems work out, financially they would be real asset to my shooting schedule.
                    "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                    Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                    Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• Sinclair
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Yissnakk View Post
                      I ordered a bunch of those SPS blems too - there was another thread here talking about them not chambering at standard COAL and needing to be seated deeper...

There have been so many post about this type of problem that ultimately leads to the likelihood of a short throat or an otherwise non-standard chamber, that I no longer give any credence to such info. My own bolt rifle chamber seems to be exceptionally tight. Why I do not know, but if I kiss the sizing die on the shell holder, I can only move the shoulder back 0.0015 of an inch! That is using Hornady's gauging thingy and a Mititoya 0.0001 digital calipers. Do not worry about what others have described from their setup.
                      Last edited by Sinclair; 02-25-2019, 07:05 PM.
                      "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                      Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                      Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• caleb90
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Sinclair View Post
                        Yissnakk,
                        I have 400 blems from SPS that I have not had an opportunity to reload. Mine have an imperfect maplat. A Maplat uniformer set cost $100.00!! Sinclair (the company, not me) has quit making theirs so Midway is the only place that I have found a uniformer. I have read, that the Class F shooters due this routinely? Maybe Clem or some other Class F shooter, could step up and answer that for us. Today, it is 14 degrees outside, a little too cold in my garage to be reloading. Maybe late June or early July the weather will be more favorable! I really hope that these blems work out, financially they would be real asset to my shooting schedule.
                        i noticed this with my blems from sps aswell. the tips aka maplat are all very different in shape and size, giving me oal all over the map. i ended up making one dummy round to fit my chamber and then set the seating die to that round.

Comment

• Yissnakk
                          Unwashed
                          • Feb 2019

On the bright side, Grafs is still selling 140 gr Speer Hot-Cor for $17.09/100 - just got those in and they are purty...and only $8.00 flat rate shipping (on orders over $50 - so I had to get 300...)

Comment

• Bfglowkee
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2019

With the meplat being so varied on the blems I can see where they are unfavorable for AR folks who are scrounging on mag length. Wonder do the match monsters have same issue? Or are they more closely resembling a CC finish?

Comment

• Randy99CL
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2017

I've written of this before but those that like the Nosler CCs need to watch the SPS site for an infrequent amazing deal. Last September the stars aligned and I got a box of 1000 overruns (not blems) with free shipping and the 10% Veteran discount. Paid $144 for 1K or 14.4c each, the least I've ever paid for any 6.5mm bullets.

I now check the site every few days.
                              "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

Working...
                              X