X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caleb90
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

i realize that deeper oal means more pressure. thats why i backed off from a max of 31gr to 30.6. i didnt have pressure signs at 30.6 but it was 35f out today, seeing cfe 223 is not temp stable i will stick at 29.3gr till temps rise and will work back up again.

Comment

• Bfglowkee
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

Comment

• CaptnC
        Warrior
        • May 2018

caleb90,

Many here have said that an AR can have excessive pressure in the chamber before it's seen on the case head...

I have not been loading for AR's very long (bolt guns since the 70's), but IMO you Chrony your loads before you deem the load safe.

Most of us can't measure the chamber pressure so you have to rely on velocity to tell you where your at pressure wise...not perfect...but it beats just blindly blasting away!

Comment

• CaptnC
          Warrior
          • May 2018

caleb90,

Many here have said that an AR can have excessive pressure in the chamber before it's seen on the case head...

I have not been loading for AR's very long (bolt guns since the 70's), but IMO you Chrony your loads before you deem them load safe.

Most of us can't measure the chamber pressure so you have to rely on velocity to tell you where your at pressure wise...not perfect...but it beats just blindly blasting away!

Comment

• caleb90
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2019

i plan on calling hardened arms monday to ser what they have to say

Comment

• caleb90
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2019

talked to hardened arms today, tech who makes the barrels has a 6.5 grendel as well. told him my issue and what head i was using and he said he had to do the same as he has used them aswell. says they run the grendel chamber on the tight side but are still saami spec.

Comment

• LtDan
                Warrior
                • Sep 2017

I have 5 Grendel Barrels and not one of them is even close to SAAMI spec

Comment

• Yissnakk
                  Unwashed
                  • Feb 2019

Originally posted by LtDan View Post
                  I have 5 Grendel Barrels and not one of them is even close to SAAMI spec
                  Type II's? I'm new to the Grendel world but did a lot of research before taking the plunge and it seems that the Type II's are not SAAMI at all, with parallel throats which was the original Alexander Arms design, as opposed to the compound throat, which was submitted to SAAMI by AA a few years later. There were a few (probably very few) people getting factory ammo stuck in the throat of the barrel and having bullets pulled when attempting to eject an unspent round.

I know...everyone know this already (and I may be remembering incorrectly!)

Comment

Working...
                  X