SIERRA 107gr. HPBT load data, accuracy issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GREYBUFF
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

SIERRA 107gr. HPBT load data, accuracy issues?

Bought a box of these and was looking at some data provided by a major supplier and there was a review that these don't work well in a GRENDEL.
    Any one have any experience with these? Thx.......paul
    I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.
  • LtDan
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

107 Gr SMK with 29.2 gr of XBR this was from Ruger American Predator at 100 yds

107-4.jpg

Comment

• centerfire
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
      Bought a box of these and was looking at some data provided by a major supplier and there was a review that these don't work well in a GRENDEL.
      I'm still doing the load development (slowly, ugh) but they shoot as well as anything I've tried so far.

Comment

• GREYBUFF
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

thxs for the replies! Thats probably better than i can shoot........paul
        I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

I tried them in my 12.5" 264 LBC pistol. I had single digit SDs across as well as decent groups across the board doing load workup with Benchmark. I might be there at max at 2440 with no pressure signs but my last groups were a bit disappointing. I finished my box and will probably wait for warmer weather so I can get a bit more comfy trying to shoot a pistol with "Precision". I may just end up going with 123 Scenars instead since they are the same price and I buy them buy the 1k.

Add: I also tried them with XBR. Had good accuracy and really low SDs in the low 2300s which doesn't cut it (I should be able to do low 2300s with 123s in a BHW). Started getting some pretty serious ejector marks 0.7 grain off max and called it quits. As much as I love XBR with 77s in 223, I honestly don't know how anyone else uses it with Grendel. This was the 3rd barrel where I couldn't get near Hodgdon max.
          Last edited by StoneHendge; 02-17-2019, 01:31 AM.
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Harpoon1
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2017

Comment

• biodsl
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2011

I've only ever shot the 107 SMK in my Moscow Match development (taking Wolf steel case, pulling the stock bullet and replacing it with another). Sub minute out of my AA 16".
              MM107 in AA.jpg
              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• drewsbow
                Warrior
                • Nov 2018

107.jpg

10 rounds @100 yds from my mini

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

My guess is that like every other bullet/barrel combo some barrels gonna like 'em, some not.
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                    My guess is that like every other bullet/barrel combo some barrels gonna like 'em, some not.
                    BFT:

It seems like over the years more guys have commented on the 107 Sierra being either outstanding or absolutely horrible than any other bullet I can recall. I never got it to shoot well from any of my Grendels but other guys had absolutely no problem. Never was able to figure it out.

Comment

• Klem
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

The 107SMK shoots the tightest groups out of all the bullets I have tried from a Lilja 18".

Comment

• SightedIn
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post

Comment

Working...
                        X