X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Massey9556
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2019

Manuals , eldm factory loaded ammo, and LaRue trigger all inbound. ik gona have to slow down w the money for a bit. Maybe they'll all be here by next week and can combine the eldm w the trigger and see what happens.

Comment

• Bronsonburner
      Warrior
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Massey9556 View Post
      How many rounds to you have down the pipe? Jw if I kght expect a little better accuracy as time goes on and barrel smooths out. How lng did you wait between firing that group you showed us? I fire all 5 in less than five minutes probably. Maybe I should let cool?

Got close to 500 through it so far. Group was fired in about four minutes. Barrel never got more than barely warm.

Comment

• Bronsonburner
        Warrior
        • Dec 2018

To the OP sorry not sure if you got my PM. The charge was 26.1 grains. Speed averaged 2321fps. OAL 2.26”.

Comment

• Massey9556
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2019

10/4 I got it. Just thought you may have been worried I'd lad something crazy high up and shoot it ha. At this point I don't believe I'll shoot any better than what I've been shooting with the factory sst. I guess I could just keep them for deer season or something. Not to much fun shooting 1.5 to 2 inch groups. Some say it take 100/200 rounds to get the barrel smoothed out too. I don't know....

Comment

• Massey9556
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2019

Range report update.. hornady eld-m {5 shot group from bags. 1.85 }the best 4 were .68. And there were 3 of them touching at .30. I know the whole group was large but I’m still a little excited about the other 4!

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

Very nice. How fast are you shooting? My groups open up if i get my barrel/suppressor to hot shooting to fast

Comment

• Massey9556
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                Very nice. How fast are you shooting? My groups open up if i get my barrel/suppressor to hot shooting to fast
                I'd say about 7 minute total max: probably 5 tho. I've had trouble shooting decent groups with my gun so even though the 1.85 is awful, minus the flyer it was outstanding for my skill level. I'm curious if I can consistently shoot that size group w the eldm now.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                  Warrior
                  • May 2017

Just for grins 'n' giggles, try loading 7 rounds in your mag, run the first and last into the dirt, see if the group tightens up. Sometimes the first or last shots ( or both) from the mag will open up an otherwise nice group.

Comment

• grendelnubi
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2017

Greyfox hit on the head. SST's are good projectiles but for they are the least accurate in my Grendel's. It took me close to 200 rounds before accuracy came in for me. Sometimes it takes time.

Nosler projectiles shoot the best for me, hands down. My go to powder is quickly becoming AR Comp. This was a long time coming for me. I so much wanted the 123 gr SST / CFE or 8208 to be my go to combination but AR Comp is proving over and over again to work best for me with 8208 a close 2nd.

Combine AR Comp with the 129 gr ABLR and enjoy. 8208 shot well with the 120 and 100 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips but not nearly as good as the AR Comp when using the 129 gr ABLR.

Comment

• Massey9556
                      Bloodstained
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by grendelnubi View Post
                      Greyfox hit on the head. SST's are good projectiles but for they are the least accurate in my Grendel's. It took me close to 200 rounds before accuracy came in for me. Sometimes it takes time.

Nosler projectiles shoot the best for me, hands down. My go to powder is quickly becoming AR Comp. This was a long time coming for me. I so much wanted the 123 gr SST / CFE or 8208 to be my go to combination but AR Comp is proving over and over again to work best for me with 8208 a close 2nd.

Combine AR Comp with the 129 gr ABLR and enjoy. 8208 shot well with the 120 and 100 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips but not nearly as good as the AR Comp when using the 129 gr ABLR.
                      I just got some 129 Hornady interlock in the mail from a rebate. I do have some ar comp. I don't think the two manuals from build box have load data for those though. Can I sub data from the 129 sst to the 129 interlock? If I can I have plenty of date from the two manuals

Comment

• grayfox
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2017

The Hornady load book lists 6.5 Grendel data for 129 gr and it applies to all 3 of their 129 bullets, so in general the data should work. As always start low and work up. Watch your coal so you don't jam into the lands, it is a bit stubbier bullet than the sst. Some guys on here shoot the 129 interlock and like them.
                        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Massey9556
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
                          Just for grins 'n' giggles, try loading 7 rounds in your mag, run the first and last into the dirt, see if the group tightens up. Sometimes the first or last shots ( or both) from the mag will open up an otherwise nice group.
                          Why does this happen?

Comment

Working...
                          X