Opinions to help with tightening groups.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
    Mark and Rb, yes this is a forum on the 6.5 Grendel, the OP was asking for advice on his 6.5 Grendel AR... as I was writing this I see Drillboss has the same comment, leave your 308 on the shelf, leave your bolt gun ideas for another forum/data/time and let's get back to the OP questions.
    Shaving little grains with an exacto, turning necks or other nifty little tidbits won't do diddly for helping him with his 22" barrel AR.
    A5 I need some more popcorn...
    Down to my last bag of extra butter but I will share bro.

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by rbshoots View Post
      nice sharp pocket knife... I cut extruded powders. I am sure it may alter the burn characteristics, bur it is one kernel not multiple kernels... So I am going to go out on a limb and say that I am probably not doing anything that will alter the load... but a utility knife is probably better...
      ...and you're full of it too.

Both of you, get out of this thread and stop confusing the OP with questionable techniques and claims.

Comment

• rbshoots
        Banned
        • Feb 2017

yeah Greyfox… I didn't start all this, and someone should have simply told Mark611 that this is for Grendel info only but someone has to start the BS (not 611) and I know that Mark 611 is speaking the truth when he is talking about his bolt gun... I have seen him do it on multiple occasions... could care less if anyone believes it or not, I know it is true and asked 611 to drop it...

Comment

• rbshoots
          Banned
          • Feb 2017

Klem... question for you.... have you ever tried? or are you simply speaking out of your A double snakes? my guess is you have never tried... and since you have not done it, it can't be done right?... I could care less whether you believe me or not... I know I am speaking the truth

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

Pap I personally wouldn't use a 2.300 for that hpbt, I haven't shot that bullet but haven't seen any need to seat any of my 123's loads/AR loads out there at 2.300. I did try some Nosler's 129/130's out to 2.300 but that was for my howa, which is a bolt gun. For AR's I've been more like somewhere close to book lengths give or take (leaving out exact measurements on purpose as yours may like something different than mine), you could try that and once you find a good node then tweak your seating length to see how it might help your groupings.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• rbshoots
              Banned
              • Feb 2017

And as I said, it was not necessary but if you have the means, why not? I see your reading comprehension is a bit lacking... perhaps you should work on that...

Comment

• rbshoots
                Banned
                • Feb 2017

Enough fun for one night... 4am coming mighty early... I am out...

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
                  Inquiring minds want to know, at least mine does...
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X5pwskFxYY These guys shoot consistently one whole groups at my range. They will use the same 20 pieces brass for a very long time. Other than these rifles and shooters, I call BS.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                    Warrior
                    • May 2017

M1A1 is a folding stock .30 Carbine. Haven't heard of many F-class or LR benchrest shooters using those to win championships...Unless maybe the MBT version, They definitely have the range and power.

There's also "Tommy"...
                    Last edited by Mad Charlie; 01-23-2019, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• LR1955
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rbshoots View Post
                      nice sharp pocket knife... I cut extruded powders. I am sure it may alter the burn characteristics, bur it is one kernel not multiple kernels... So I am going to go out on a limb and say that I am probably not doing anything that will alter the load... but a utility knife is probably better...
                      Thanks RS.

Pretty weird though.

LR55

Comment

• LR1955
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2011

Well guys.

Got to say this was a good one but it needs to end.

It has gone past the absurd and has become so weird that I doubt Rod Serling would take it on for an episode of the Twilight Zone.

I compete and sometimes I do good and most of the time not so good. It ain't because I didn't chop up dollar a case Lapua brass or weigh out a charge to 1/10,000 of one grain, either.

I will continue to ask people who make incredible claims to prove their claims. Sorry but a response of "i have 30 years of reloading experience" doesn't mean much at all. It is what you do with it that does for most of us.

Finally, guys -- if you want to be understood when writing, use capital letters for the first word in a sentence please. Makes it much easier to understand what you fellows are trying to say.

Don't even think of dragging this nightmare into another thread.

Thanks guys!

LR55

Comment

Working...
                        X