• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WSAR15
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2017

Opinion on PPU Ammo?

I am looking into buying some brass cased PPU 6.5 Grendel ammo (I don't want any steel cased Wolf). I am curious as to what people think of this ammo and which round they would recommend. Thanks
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

As far as I know PPU grendel ammo was recalled several years ago for some reason and has never been back on the market since.

Comment

• WSAR15
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2017

Ummm... and yet I see two rounds on their US web site, but cannot find any for sale.
      Upon searching I also see their "Thunder Line" was banned from import.
      Don't they manufacture the Wold Gold line or does the Wold Gold come from Taiwan now?
      Last edited by WSAR15; 11-04-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

Ppu recalled ALL 6.5 grendel ammo.

In other words don't use it. Don't buy it. Don't look for it. Unless you don't mind the possibility of your gun blowing up in your face.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

The Wolf Gold 6.5 Grendel ammo was manufactured by Prvi Partizan in Serbia (PPU headstamp) but was never recalled. The Wolf Classic 6.5 Grendel steel cased ammo is manufactured by Branual in Russia.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

I never shot any PPU branded ammo, but did use a bit of the Wolf Gold. In my opinion it out performed it price point. .7 moa three shot groups consistently in my original Sabre Defense barrel.

If you don't reload, Hornady's American Gunner Grendel loading is today's equivalent to Wolf Gold...only with better brass. Good stuff. Available at Sportsman's Warehouse. It's out of stock a bit so buy what you need when you can.

If you do reload, the PPU 120 grain BTHP is the bullet is still available for 20 to 22 cents a piece depending on quantity. A great start to a low-cost quality reload. Not counting brass, I suspect you could load this stuff for .34 or .35 cents each.
            Prvi Partizan was founded in 1928 and today produces over 350 types of rifle, pistol , revolver and small arms ammunition. Prvi Partizan bulk bullets feature a lead core and copper jacket. Imported from Serbia. This is not loaded ammunition.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• maxxmojo
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2016

It shot good out of my 18" Lilja, but my 16" AA absolutely hated it. I tried some reloads with the brass and only got about 3 reloads out of it. For the price point I'd recommend getting the American Gunner mentioned above instead.

Comment

• Texas
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2016

I have reloaded some of the PPU brass, and it seems very thin and soft, so I just shelved it.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

It's all junky. In 2008 I got 10 boxes with my new upper from AA- issshhhh. sold to a member here for zombie -safe ammo. Last ditch stuff. Yuck

Comment

• meatsweats
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2018

Comment

Working...
                    X