X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FW Conch
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

I have 100 of these barrel testers on the way. I recently got 100 of the 123grn by mistake, so I can give them both a try. I will be shooting them in My Savage Grendel, but I have to wait until spring for the opportunity (

Comment

• Labrat198
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by FW Conch View Post
      I have 100 of these barrel testers on the way. I recently got 100 of the 123grn by mistake, so I can give them both a try. I will be shooting them in My Savage Grendel, but I have to wait until spring for the opportunity (
      You ever get out with the 123's?

Comment

• FW Conch
        Warrior
        • Nov 2014

^ Unfortunately ^ I have not yet loaded or tried either the 120 or 123 SMK's. In the recent past, all My loading stuff was moved, and I have not yet been able to unpack and organize it. Too many pressing priorities. I did get a chance to shoot some SST's and Amax's that I already had loaded, and both grouped well below MOA.

Comment

• Viper
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2017

Starting now to reload them with Vihtavuori N540, 26,5 grs . 20" Faxon barrel. Work in progress

Comment

• Drillboss
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Bearcatrp View Post
            Thanks folks. I settled for 28.0 gr of 8208 for Speer gold dot 120 gr bullets. Hope to use the same for this bullet if I get them.
            I know I'm late to the game on this thread, but Speer's published data says 25.3 grains is the max pressure load with the 120 gr Gold Dot. I just talked to a rep at Speer and he says the 120 gr Gold Dot, being a bonded bullet, gives a different pressure response than cup and core bullets like the Sierra 120 gr Match King.

I told him again that Alliant needs to do some testing with AR Comp and their other powders for the various 0.264" bullets in 6.5 Grendel. Y'all need to contact them as well and share your (our) thoughts on the need for pressure data for this round.

Comment

• Popeye212
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
              I know I'm late to the game on this thread, but Speer's published data says 25.3 grains is the max pressure load with the 120 gr Gold Dot. I just talked to a rep at Speer and he says the 120 gr Gold Dot, being a bonded bullet, gives a different pressure response than cup and core bullets like the Sierra 120 gr Match King.

I told him again that Alliant needs to do some testing with AR Comp and their other powders for the various 0.264" bullets in 6.5 Grendel. Y'all need to contact them as well and share your (our) thoughts on the need for pressure data for this round.
              This needs to be STICKY or something. Thanks for that info just about to load some

Comment

• Drillboss
                Warrior
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                This needs to be STICKY or something. Thanks for that info just about to load some
                I've got most of a pound of AR Comp on the shelf, waiting on some pressure tested data for the Grendel. Good news is I found out they have some data for the 7-08 that my wife shoots. That's a pretty awesome round as well.

Comment

• Bearcatrp
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post

Am shooting the 120’s out of a 12 inch barrel. Just looked at their data. They are shooting a 24 inch barrel to get their data. I’m probably a smidge over. No key holing at 100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                  X