• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ported45
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Hardened Arms 18" Grendel

Busted a couple dirt clods on the 100 yards berm a week and a half ago to get a rough sight and finally got to put it on paper today.

Handloaded Hornady 129 SP, 129 ABLR, and Nosler 120 BT. Zeroed in 4 shots with the 129 SP. Made the mistake of shooting all three loads at the same target and can't tell what is what. Everything went into an inch not counting the first group of two, and the adjustment down. Next adjustment right went to zero, and then held at top of the diamond sticker to verify zero. The rest clustered around the zero shot.

Don't see a place to attach an image of the zero and confirmation shot, so if someone wants me to send it to them and they can post it up for me just let me know where to send it.

VERY happy with the HA upper, just like the other two that I have from them in 5.56 and 300 BLK!
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Click the following link

How to post pictures
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• ported45
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

Hmmm, did not see that option on the mobile site on the phone.

Well, let's see if this works.

When I played with the Range Buddy app this morning it looks like the 120 BT went into one of the first two holes of the sighter group at the top left. I had expected it to go high since it was a lighter bullet. Discounting it as a 120 grain bullet, the 129 bullets (SP and ABLR) went into just less than an inch group.

Next trip out will be with the chrony to check velocities.

Thanks for the photo instructions Sticks!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ported45; 10-19-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• ported45
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

Got a nice sunny day to drag out the chrony this past weekend. Measurements were recorded at 5 yards and then calculated back to muzzle velocity using listed, corrected bc's. 129 Hornady SP averaged 2246 at the muzzle. 129 ABLR averaged 2315 at the muzzle.

I did not shoot any more groups as I am on to working on two more rifles (sighting, checking POI, and chrono) in preparation for deer season opening on the 17th.

Comment

• Fox84
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2017

Glad your Happy with your HA upper. That might be my next!

Comment

• ported45
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

UPDATE:

I have been messing with the 129 ABLRs and XBR in the Hardened Arms upper. Unfortunately, I had been using the old "shoot for groups" method and wasted a bunch of powder and bullets, but I am finally to the point that the upper shoots better than I can drive it. I feel it is very likely the one wanderer was due to the operator and not the upper, optics, or load. 100 yard target.

I will now have to wait till the next nice day to set up the chrony and get my average velocity.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ported45; 03-25-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• OpFor1
              Warrior
              • Jan 2019

Always got to be that one wise guy to blow a perfect group.
              Very impressive shooting and weapon / load combo!

Comment

Working...
              X