Hornady one shot spray lube, how do you spray your brass ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dead Center Miss
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
    Obviously a design by another guy who doesn't read 'em.
    Makes me wonder if there is actually anything printed on the back 🤔

Comment

• roor
      Warrior
      • Jan 2018

I use 1:10 lanolin mix and never had a stuck or dented case since. I put 10-15 casings in a small plastic tray and just spray and roll.

@NightForce - 99% works best. I used 91% since it was all I had and could get in person. I dumped it out and switched to 99% and now it doesn’t clump up on the bottom.

The ratio varies from 1:8-1:15. I use 1:10 to make math easier. I also measured out the alcohol and marked it on a spray bottle. I added in the lanolin and marked the final level so now I never need to math measure. I put clear tape over it so the marks don’t smear

Comment

• rwh
        Warrior
        • Jun 2014

ISO Heet is sold in auto supply stores. The MSDS says it is 99% isopropyl alcohol.
        Last edited by rwh; 09-18-2018, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

That Amazon bottle and 99% alcohol is a lifetime supply of lube. I have only mixed one batch in an old RCBS spray lube bottle (10oz) and I am on the last 1.5" in the bottle, and I have already run 8k .556 brass with it, and probably 3k Grendel.

Ziploc Gallon bag 2/3 full, 12 pumps of the lube, shake and roll. I reuse the same bag as much as possible since there is a lot of lanolin on the bag. New spray adds it to the mix.

99% isopropyl alcohol. Don't skimp on the reloading components.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• K280
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by DDRanch View Post
            I throw a couple of handfuls of brass in a large zip lock bag, a couple a shots of One Shot, close bag, shake bag, than load.
            This is the ticket. Leave it in the bag and pull them out as you size them. I don't let them dry at all. I do this for .223, 6.5 Grendel, and 6.5 Creedmoor brass.

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
              That Amazon bottle and 99% alcohol is a lifetime supply of lube. I have only mixed one batch in an old RCBS spray lube bottle (10oz) and I am on the last 1.5" in the bottle, and I have already run 8k .556 brass with it, and probably 3k Grendel.

Ziploc Gallon bag 2/3 full, 12 pumps of the lube, shake and roll. I reuse the same bag as much as possible since there is a lot of lanolin on the bag. New spray adds it to the mix.

99% isopropyl alcohol. Don't skimp on the reloading components.
              You know, my one shot is running a bit low.....
              Maybe I'll order the lanolin/isopropyl and give it a shot...!!!
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• roor
                Warrior
                • Jan 2018

Quick question - is it bad to leave the lanolin residue on the bullet?

Asking for a friend..

Comment

• grayfox
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2017

I have not seen any bad effects, with hundreds shot that were reloaded that way... the heat and fire during the shot probably vaporizes it...

come to think of it, how much would get onto the bullet anyway? A tiny bit from insertion into the case?
                  "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Sticks
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2016

Don't know about the bullet, but I have 200+ cases that need to be re-sized again and have been sitting for 3 months with the coating.

I guess sheep fat is harmless to brass.
                    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
                    X