• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broken Arrow
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2018

Bca upper reload suggestions

I just installed a bear creek arsenal 6.5 grendel 18" heavy barrel upper on my AR. I've started with the 123 Gr. SST bullet and CFE223 powder. Ive tried 30.0 grs, 30.5 and 31.0 with 450 primers. No luck with grouping yet. Any suggestions what to try next. IMR 8082 is not available in my area.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

There have been several forum members who find accuracy with IMR8208XBR with 123 grain bullets at approximately 28.0 grains. You need to be careful with 8208 as pressure spike quickly but 8208 is more temperature stable than CFE223. Before I loaded using 8208 I’d make sure my BCA did not have a short chamber.

Accurate 2520 is on the market again and gives decent velocity. I got pretty good accuracy with Winchester 748 and I bought a pound of AR Comp to test. Another powder that gives good accuracy but not as high of velocity with 123 grain bullets is H335. My Son in Law had good results with BLc2 in his 22” Lothar Walther barrel.

Honestly I wouldn’t expect top accuray out of a BCA barrel till it had a couple hundred rounds through it. In 200 rounds you could retest the CFE 223 and SST bullets and get acceptable accuracy.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

With all the problems bca grendel products have, my best advice is to box it up and ship back for a refund.

I'm shipping a barrel back today for a refund myself.

I would whole heartly say stay away from bca grendel products.

A quick search on this site will tell you why.

Comment

Working...
      X