• va_connoisseur
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

Well that seems easy enough. LOL

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

It bounced against the deflector upon exiting after firing... it will press out fine when you shoot it. Plus, for you there are some fixes for this so your ejects don't get the ding... a piece of the loop side of velcro on the deflector, trim a coil from the ejector spring, etc etc. I've done the first, not the second, works well. Using an agb helps too, for a better ejection angle.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• va_connoisseur
          Warrior
          • Oct 2016

Thanks for the ideas

Comment

• CaptnC
            Warrior
            • May 2018

Looks like it was stepped on. My 18" is built on a DPMS heavy slick sided receiver. It doesn't put a mark on the case. My 20" is on a milspec and it dents the case mouth on every case I fire.

The vast majority of my pick up brass has been stepped on around the benches. But if I find it in the area where everyone shoots prone (mostly grass) they only have the dent in the neck.

Only thing I would caution you about. If a case has a dent don't use it with a powder charge that is a compressed load. Of course a tiny spot like in your picture it wouldn't make a difference. I referring to a lot bigger dent in the body of the case.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me are I'm not sure what I'm seeing, does anybody other then me see what looks like a ring down near the base of the case?

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

A5- it's fine, it shows up on most all Grrr cases. It's just the spot where it thins out going forward- maybe the engineering staff made an oops on the smooth transition, made it too abrupt. I had no problems after 20 shots each, on a bunch of Lapua brass.

The key to this round is don't go above known reloading data---- don't worry of what I have done , on the side. We'll eventually get some feedback from my trials.

Cases do swell a bit, normal reaction to a BOOM - shot fired. That's why brass was formulated for cartridges , to be able to be re- used. Everyone on here should reload.

New hobby, minimal $$$ up front., confidence builder, dial in a load for your bbl harmonics, saves cash - long term., gains new pals , here , & there., Brings out your inner nerd if - hidden inside

And you dind'nt know it was residing in there,, we have a few on here to help out . It's a family, & a team on here. The 6.5 round was reduced to rubble , during and after WW2.

It's back with a new following . 3200 fps, 2800 fps, 2400 fps. Different calibers, for different ranges. Pick what's needed for your ranges. Grrr is the best of the middle choices for me.

So I ramble on A5- hotter here today in Mn., than in LA. comedy dude...
                Last edited by sneaky one; 07-13-2018, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                  A5- it's fine, it shows up on most all Grrr cases. It's just the spot where it thins out going forward- maybe the engineering staff made an oops on the smooth transition, made it too abrupt. I had no problems after 20 shots each, on a bunch of Lapua brass.
                  Guess I just never noticed it on any of my safed cases, will have to sharpen the eyes up from now on.

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Check a bit with calipers- it reveals a bare minimum.. Case Rim diam,, to the just forward of the cup diam. It should not be a much--- Mostly - a no biggie.

Comment

• Djgrendel
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2016

I've done some fairly shady fireforming in my day. That little ding in the case won't create an issue for average shooting ammo. I did an experiment years ago, to see how far I could go to save a damaged piece of brass. It went beyond sanity. And I'm quite surprised I never had a case separation. If I had been using a gas gun for the tests , I'm sure I would have. In your case, you will be fine. Pun, no pun, take it as you like.
                      Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• va_connoisseur
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Djgrendel View Post
                        I've done some fairly shady fireforming in my day. That little ding in the case won't create an issue for average shooting ammo. I did an experiment years ago, to see how far I could go to save a damaged piece of brass. It went beyond sanity. And I'm quite surprised I never had a case separation. If I had been using a gas gun for the tests , I'm sure I would have. In your case, you will be fine. Pun, no pun, take it as you like.
                        LOL. I’m loading for a AR pistol. But keeping the pressure low for this initial OCW load.

Comment

Working...
                        X