Warrior
    • Jan 2014

annealing 6.5 Grendel brass

Why?

Because I can

• DDRanch
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Nice Video. Any one use a Giraud annealer for there Grendel Brass?

Comment

• AustinTom
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

Cool video. I've been needing to get one of those.

Comment

• Crusty
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

I love gadgets and case annealers have got to be in the coolest class of gadgets, but the price of them generally reflects that elevated rank so I have to get by with a screw gun, a deep socket and a bottle of Tempilac. I've got some Hornady brass that's about to be reloaded for the 13th time so annealing definitely works to extend brass life and if I hadn't waited too long to anneal the first time I'd have many more cases remaining than the 130 I have left.
        I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• PGW Steve
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2017

I've got an AMP machine, and did the Aztek upgrade. This is cutting edge induction perfection when it comes to annealing. I have a pile of different calibers so it makes things repeatable and consistent. I hope by the end of May they start shipping the auto feed system.

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Steve,

Have you seen an increase in accuracy from consistent neck tension or just brass longevity with the AMP machine? I know someone who has one but he has yet to see anything more than extended case life. Mind you, he has yet to use it on a match-grade bolt gun so the 'jury is still out'. The price makes my eyes water which I why I am asking.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Klem View Post
              Steve,

Have you seen an increase in accuracy from consistent neck tension or just brass longevity with the AMP machine? I know someone who has one but he has yet to see anything more than extended case life. Mind you, he has yet to use it on a match-grade bolt gun so the 'jury is still out'. The price makes my eyes water which I why I am asking.
              LOL Klem, that is funny. It makes my eyes water too...

Comment

• PGW Steve
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                Steve,

I got the AMP when we still had snow on the ground, my yard finally is snow free as of 2 weeks now. I haven't had a chance to do any reloading with the annealed brass, and it will be difficult to compare as everything I have shot till now has been virgin Lapua. My main concern has been that of brass life, I'm strictly a bolt action shooter BTW. One of my employees is a high ranked PRS shooter and I'm going to anneal some brass for him to see what he thinks, he's got a lot more history with that caliber and brass processing to see if there is a difference.

Yes the price was pretty steep, but I'm an OCD person and couldn't wrap my head around some of the torch systems and tuning it for all the different calibers I load. I load for 17HH, .204 Ruger, .221 FB, .222 Rem, .223 Rem, 6.5G, 6.5x47, .260, .308 and .338 Lapua so brass life is an important management issue. The AMP system is repeatable and it will prevent me from potentially ruining brass. If I loaded just .223 or 6.5G, I can see having a torch system set up for just that, and no problems.

Comment

• Rayatphonix
                  Unwashed
                  • Apr 2018

I changed from torch annealling to salt bath annealling late last year. I feel it’s easier to control. 65creedmoor has a very good description. I’ve done Creedmoor, 308 & 270 so far. I’ll do Grendel in the next month or two.

Comment

• Polhiker
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2017

Comment

Working...
                    X