• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Hunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Anybody Shooting 123 gr. Nosler C.C.

Anybody shooting 123 gr. Nosler Custom Competition Bullets out of the Grendel? Will be shooting them for practice really but would like some opinions on how they shot. For the price I would hope they shot good but you pay for what you get. Don't see much mentioned about them in past threads. Thanks.
  • Crusty
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

They're not bad for me.

AR-Comp, 26.8gr, 2.260" COL

Nos-CCs first batch best group edt.jpg
    I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• dammitman
      Warrior
      • Dec 2012

I had poor luck loading using them but, I have not tried again now that I have a couple more grendels to find a load for. I purchaced so many of them I have to spend some time with it. I think they should be an excellent bullet. does anyone here have superb use with them? I know when I loaded them using the same load as with a hornady 123 sst or 123 amax it didn't go as well.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I’ve shot several hundred and they shoot pretty good in my AR-15’s both 1:9 and 1:8 twist barrels.

Comment

• monty
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2017

Does anyone know if these are the same bullets as the Match Monsters that Midsouth is selling? Both made by Nosler. I just ordered 500 of the Match Monsters, hopefully can find a good load for them.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I think they are the same from the description on Midsouth. I’ve shot overruns and blems from Shooters Pro Shop and I got really good deals on those Nolser 123 grain CC.

Comment

• Squiddley
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2017

They are the best thing for accuracy in my 20 inch JSE,that is very picky about ammo.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

I put quite a few of them through my 18er at one point. The only 123 I can get to be more accurate in that barrel is 123 scenars which obviously cost quite a bit more. It is the lowest BC of the 123 target bullets, but the price is often right.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• monty
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2017

It looks like the Nosler Custom Comp 123 gr, the Nosler Match Monster 123gr and the Hornady SST 123gr all have identical BC of .510, with the MM's being the least expensive at 24 cents each at the moment (new, not including blem's or overrun).

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

I want to run them through a BHW .264 LBC and a Mini Action. Both 20" barrels. I'm using 8208 for the ELD M with both rifles and not running them hot. The SST shot ok.It's like any rifle, try it and see what your rifle likes. Thanks for the reply's.

Comment

Working...
                    X