• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J9mcgaha
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2018

Where can I buy some factory ammo

Hey guys, I'm new to the Grendel and do not reload at this time. I am in the process of putting together my first Grendel upper but I can not find ammo anywhere. I would like to buy some wolf bulk just to have but also want to start off with Hornady 123gr. SSTs and see how they shoot out of my rifle as this is what I would like to hunt with.. I am a little bit worried since I can't find anything for sale online or at the stores around where I live.. is it normally this hard to find ammo for the 6.5?
  • monty
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

You can usually find it on Ammseek.

Sportsman Warehouse has Hornady American Gunner in stock pretty often

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Ammoseek, and gunbot.com
      Probably some "panic" hording-style buying going on, that scenario comes and goes.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Target Sports had Federal TNT and Gold Medal Match in stock. This is the longest drought I've seen on 6.5 Grendel since 2009. I know the Federal is more expensive than Hornady but the only other factory ammo is from Alexander Arms, Precision Firearms and Night Ops.

6.5 Grendel ammo for sale at Target Sports USA. Enjoy free shipping on bulk 6.5 Grendel ammunition for sale online at cheap discount prices.

I'd call AA for availability, I don't think their website reflects actual inventory.

Custom AR-15 Rifles, Custom Uppers, Custom Lower, 6.5 Grendel, AR15, AR 15, AR-15, AR15 upper, custom upper, Lilja, DPMS, Precision, Precision Firearms, Precision-firearms, percision firearms, custom upper, custom ar, custom ar15, barrels, rifle barrels, Shilen, CAA, Command Arms, Yankee Hill, Yankee Hill Machine, 204 ruger, .204 ruger, 223 wyld
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 04-08-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• RMiller
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

I just received a text that SGAmmo has 100 grain wolf fmj in Stock now.

Comment

• Randy99CL
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by RMiller View Post
            They must have gotten a boatload, the limit is 25 boxes.
            "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• jaybee1669
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2018

This just went live on r/gundeals on reddit. I don't expect it to last long based on the recent drought and everyone looking for ammo.

Outdoor Limited is your one stop shop for all your ammunition needs. Cheap Ammo for sale that's 100% in stock. Order Now.

Comment

• Popeye212
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2018

Last edited by Popeye212; 04-09-2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• wideglidejoe
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2014

There's two Academy's near me, they usually always have 4-5 boxes of Hornady @ $22-ish per box of 20 if you don't want to wait for the UPS truck.

Edit for typo.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

I'll never buy anything from Academy again. My son used to be able to go buy a rifle on his 18th birthday there. Used to.
                    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• jaybee1669
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2018

Whittaker has the Hornady Black in stock for $16.99 shipped. I'm not sure i've seen it cheaper shipped than this.

Edit: Looks like it jumped back up to $18.99. They honored that $16.99 price for my order, but it looks like it jumped in price afterwards.

TargetSports USA also got some in. If you have a Prime account with TSUSA it's about $17.50 shipped.
                      Last edited by jaybee1669; 04-10-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Popeye212
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2018

Just got an email from Target sports they have Federal and Hornady Black

Comment

• Popeye212
                          Chieftain
                          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                          I'll never buy anything from Academy again. My son used to be able to go buy a rifle on his 18th birthday there. Used to.
                          Found this I think your son can still buy there:
                          Academy, a Houston-based company that has historically prided itself on its loyalty to its local customers, said it will not change how its firearms are sold.

KPRC2 reached out to Academy and was the company's response:

"We serve a broad base of customers, and outdoor sports, including hunting and shooting sports, are an important tradition and recreational activity for many of our customers and their families. We are strongly committed to ensuring the legal, safe and responsible transfer of firearms. We follow all applicable regulations relating to the sale of firearms and regularly review our internal policies and processes to ensure our legal and responsible sale of firearms and encourage safe usage and ownership. As a Federal Firearms Licensee, we support the Fix NICS Bill to strengthen the background check system and require greater compliance with the law."
                          According to this no change.

Comment

• bj139
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by RMiller View Post
                            They show out of stock now.

Comment

• wideglidejoe
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2014

I just called the Tulsa Academy stores, talked to the gun counter, he verified that it's still 18 for long guns.

Comment

Working...
                              X