• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA452
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

AA 6.5 Grendel Brass Manufacturer?

Did Hornady always manufacture the Grendel brass for Alexander Arms?

The last and only time I bought Grendel brass I bought it from the Alexander Arms site. It's stamped ALEX-A. For some reason I had been thinking this was made for AA by Lapua, but I see now that the only brass AA has on their website site is made by Hornady, and it has the same head stamp. Was this always the case?
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Up until a couple of years ago, yes, Lapua made brass for AA with the AA head stamp. Same stuff as with the Lapua head stamp, AFIK.

Pretty easy to tell the two apart. Annealed necks, slightly thicker case walls. The Lapua is going for 20+ reloads in some peoples rifles. Hornady is 10+, for some.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• PA452
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

Ah, alright, thanks. I thought it was originally Lapua, but then when I saw it was Hornady now I thought maybe I was wrong.

I should have waited until today. I ordered 100 pieces of the Hornady brass last night, got too eager. The stuff I already have is Lapua; as you said you can see the annealing.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Lapua brass also has a small flash hole, be aware that some (RCBS I know of) can get hung up in or bend/break when sized. Another way to know if it’s of Hornady or Lapua manufacture.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
        X