X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Woof. Okay. I think I follow. For the sake of argument, why not a round robin approach to the flier problem? Five charges, three rounds each. Fifteen rounds fired, one of each CW at a time. Rotate through changing aiming points each round. Wouldn't this eliminate the possible flier phenomena, or at least minimize the flier issue? I wish I could claim this as my idea, but it comes from someone much smarter than I, Google may tell me (again) who that is, it may not. Ill go look.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Doon
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2015

I am about to test your theory Stonehendge as I have a bunch of loads ready to shoot with the magnetospeed attached to my two point mounted suppressor.
      Back in a few days hopefully.
      If the MS dont move I would of thought the barrel whip would be consistent as the same as having a suppressor mounted.

Comment

• 1911man
        Warrior
        • May 2015

I do all of my first day load work ups with the magneto speed on. The goal on day one being establishing how much charge my barrel can take of this particular powder/bullet combo and finding the spot where my SDs are the tightest and thus usually finding accuracy nodes in the process. For example when I work up from 27.0-28.5 grains of a powder in .2 grain increments there are usually 2 spots where the velocity flattens out over the span of at lest 2 of the charges. IE 27.5 and 27.7 grains are only 5 fps apart from one another. I then come back on day 2 of testing with a batch of 15 rounds loaded in .1 grain increments inside those velocity nodes. I shoot 10 rounds of each charge without the Chrono to see the group and to compare point of impact of each group. I then use the last 5 rounds of each charge to Chrono again. I have found great loads in each of the last 5-6 builds I have had with this method and it makes it to where the load I settle on is the best for long range as well because it has tight SDs. I also find that the chrono data helps me to be confident I am in the right spot because it is very possible to pool a shot or 2. I have only had trouble producing good results with this method in one gun and I still cant figure out why. I did finally find a good load for it though.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Use the 1913 rail mount Magnetospeed if you're worried about barrel harmonics and having to shoot 2 different sets of groups for pressure and accuracy.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Redomen
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

Thanks -I will purchase one of these.

Comment

• Sticks
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2016

20170716_133219.jpg
              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Thanks sticks, this answers a few questions. I am a visual learner. Too dumb otherwise...
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                X