• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tracker12
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

65G Dies

Need a set of dies for my new build. I have RCBS and Lee Collet dies for most other calibers. Is there a consensus on what is best for the 65G.
    Last edited by tracker12; 12-26-2017, 11:37 PM.
    AR's make shooting fun again!
  • Arkhangel5
    Warrior
    • Apr 2016

Hard to beat the Hornady Dies when they are on sale. No issues with mine.

SY

Comment

• Randy99CL
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Look down a dozen threads or so and this is discussed a few times.

Until the end of the year Hornady has a rebate that gets you 100 free bullets. I'm buying the $32 Grendel dies and getting $20 worth of free 40 cal bullets.
      "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

My does are also Hornady. They work fine - - - and the bullet offer is very, very, hard to resist!
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• s3silver
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Another + 1 for hornady. Mine has worked great and their seating stem system minimizes runout.

Comment

• bj139
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2017

I have standard Lee dies for 6.5 Grendel and they work fine.
            Lee only has a custom collet die for Grendel which I think you have to order for $75.

Comment

• NotEnoughSand
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
              My does are also Hornady. They work fine - - - and the bullet offer is very, very, hard to resist!
              They've updated the bullet offer for 2018. The bullet list now includes #2620 6.5mm 129Gr Interlock Softpoint.

Comment

• Crusty
                Warrior
                • Dec 2017

I'm happy with my Hornady dies since they've worked flawlessly for me, though one time I put a bullet into the case mouth leaning a bit and I reasoned that the sleeve would correct the bullet alignment as I pressed it in but that wasn't the case. The seated bullet leaned to one side at the proper depth and I had to pull it and seat it again paying attention to placing the bullet straight before I pressed it home. Apparently Hornady's bullet seating sleeve isn't as foolproof as I thought, which reinforces the old adage of "make something foolproof and a better fool will come along and undo it".
                I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I got my set of Forster dies in - 09' from Gunstop , for 1/2 price. The micrometer seating die is inside- it's awesome. Like all sizing dies, maybe kinda--- you may have to reduce the diameter the internal neck sizer ball, to increase neck tension- by a small sanding or polishing regiman. Search that on this site, firstly tho...
                  Last edited by sneaky one; 01-02-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by NotEnoughSand View Post
                    They've updated the bullet offer for 2018. The bullet list now includes #2620 6.5mm 129Gr Interlock Softpoint.

https://media.midwayusa.com/cms/reba...get-loaded.pdf
                    That is amazing! I just ordered the dies for $31 and it looks like I'll be getting about $31 worth of free bullets.
                    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Twicepop
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2018

I started my Grendel set with a Forster micrometer seater die, none of the place I shop from had both F/L and seater. When I heal up from Christmas I plan on getting the Forster F/L sizer and a Redding taper crimp die. I use the Redding taper crimp dies in both .223 and .308 and I think they are second to none. When I first started loading for the .223 I started with an RCBS S/B die set and it did a credible job for the turd gun I had back then (Ruger Mini-14). Since aquiring better guns to shoot the .223, I upgraded my dies to a full Forster set, F/L and neck sizers, micrometer seater and Redding taper crimp die. For the .308 I still use an RCBS S/B die set for semi-auto" and L.E. Wilson dies for the bolt gun.

Comment

• ErikS
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2017

i have Hornady dies inbound. What is the bullet offer y'all have mentioned?
                        #shareyourspare

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by ErikS View Post
                          i have Hornady dies inbound. What is the bullet offer y'all have mentioned?

Comment

Working...
                          X