Sabre chamber and semi action beating up brass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clank
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2017

Sabre chamber and semi action beating up brass.

• VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-28-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Clank
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2017

I chambered another round and I’m seeing marks on this one. I also looked closer and see ejector swipes on some fired casings. I think the ring is probably a non issue but I’m on the ragged edge of minimum chamber/maximum pressure and the only thing to do is shoot it more.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Sabre defense had some tight chambers slip out prior to going out of business but it doesn’t sound like yours is unusable. The compound throat can leave a ring on the bullet just above the case mouth on new barrels. New magazine are bad about putting longitudinal scratches as the cartridges are pushed forward out of the mag and into the chamber. With use the mags and barrels wear in and most of the scratches eventually quit being obvious.

Red X arms ended up with a lot of Sabre Defense inventory after Sabre’s demise. It was reported some of the chrome lined barrels/uppers Red X sold had out of spec chambers. I think most of the Sabre inventory was sold off a couple of years ago as you rarely see any on the market today.

Comment

Working...
        X