• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Headspace and bullet comparator bushings

Hey guys I am getting mixed info on which bushings to use for the case and bullet comparators. What bushing do y'all use for each headspace and bullet comparator? Thank you in advance.
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Assuming you're referring to the Hornady tool, I use bushing "B" (.350) for the case and bushing #5 (.260) for the bullet comparator.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Redomen
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

I saw a post in another place where a guy said he was using D. When I googled it it said to use bushing C. Is there a particular reason you chose B? I am kinda OCD so i like to get all of the info I can.

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

For the OCD in your inner self:

Look in the "B" column, at the bottom.

But even before Hornady added Grendel to that column, I chose "B" because 6PPC is a kissing cousin of the 6.5 Grendel case.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Redomen
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

Thank you very much. My OCD is fully satisfied

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

I also use the B .350" bushing with the Hornady headspace gauge.

That bushing locates the rim of the bushing directly in the SAAMI datum point for the Grendel's shoulder, which is why we use it.

If you look at the SAAMI diagrams for shoulder datum location, it all makes sense.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Redomen
              Warrior
              • Jun 2016

It was kind of confusing because the instructions that came with the kit didn't specify 6.5 Grendel. Thanks for the good info.

Comment

Working...
              X