• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OLDCOOT
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2015

Forster shell holder for 6.5 Grendel

Can anyone tell me where I can find a 6.5 Grendel shellholder for a Forster micrometer seating die to be used in a Hornady classic press? I can't seem to find one in Oklahoma City or online. Thank you.
  • Rickc
    Warrior
    • Aug 2016

You won't find it because forster co-ax press does not use a shell holder.

Any shell holder should.work. i buy the redding. Have a kit that includes the most.common shell holders in a nice box.

Comment

• OLDCOOT
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2015

Thanks. I was under the impression that the brand name of the shell holder needed to match the brand of the die used. I remember some time back folks were having difficulty using Hornady dies with certain shell holders. I am an inexperienced reloader and appreciate the guidance. This forum is full of people with a great body of knowledge solving problems. I'll try the Redding's, they seem widely available.

Comment

• babue
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

For your seating die the shell holder does not matter. Sometimes for sizing dies having a matching shell holder to the die you are using does work better. I have had a Co-Ax press for many years and never need to buy or give a shell holder a second thought. A great press to invest in, buy once and never look back.

Comment

Working...
        X