• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Picked up some IMR 4166 Enduron Powder

IMR 4166 Enduron is supposed to be good with .223 Rem, .257 Roberts, .308, and .30-30 Win., so I think it might be a good candidate for the Grendel.

It's an extruded powder with pretty large kernels, larger than I thought it would have.

28.6gr fills up to the shoulder/neck junction.

I'll work up a ladder and see what it does.

Trying to decide between 107gr SMK and 123gr SST.

Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-02-2016, 02:30 AM.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • Cornbread
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

I'm interested to see how it does. I vote sst since I have some haha. As with most extruded powders it's gonna be can you get enough in the case to get decent velocity. It looks to be about 1/2 way between 8208 and R15 on the burn chart.

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

Loaded that powder some last Summer with 123gr SST to 2.26inches in Lapua brass 29.5 gr vibration settled is where I consider max to work up to in my AR, do not have the numbers that I recorded for velocity but they were above what the Hornady factory load produced. In the Boltaction with its 22 inch barrel that same load had averaged 2605fps with ES of 30fps and shot better than any other loads I have tried with the SST bullet.

In the AR I worked up loads same length with powder charges 28.3 to 29.5 grains, with 29.5gr being the most accurate in my rifle but consider that max to be approached if at all working up to it with normal reloading precautions in small steps.

That is my experience with it so far. Been playing more with the 130gr bullets since I have a lot more of them. Will revisit 4166 more in the future with the 123gr weights. I think CFE223, Leverevolution and will be trying some 2000-MR with the 130s before revisiting the 123gr bullets again.

Thread from the past with 4166 http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...EW-IMR-Powders

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Thanks for that. That really helps me with start load determination and what to expect.

I thought I remembered someone working with one of the new IMR powders, but couldn't find it when I looked through several pages of the reloading forum.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X