• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt. Morgan
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2015

Federal Power Shok

Rocky Mountain Reloading has pulled 6.5 Power Shok in 140gr for $0.19 each. I was not planning on 140gr as too heavy for Grendel, but the price makes me curious about trying it.

I have not hear it mentioned in the Grendel Horde, anyone have experience with it?
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

140gr isn't too heavy, just goes slower. Use the right powders and it's fine, especially for hunting within closer range or just fun target practice.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Capt. I shot those, and -maybe it's the same- the deep curl units. Fun at the range-accurate also. Great for smashing items. On a side note-- if more speed is needed,

Midway has 92.6 Grn. SMK pills for $23.00 per 100.

RS got the 160's up to about 2200 fps. -22" tube-. THE ONES THAT WENT THRU BPG..( bullet proof glass).

I buy estate sale bullets, sometimes they are at gun shows, lot's of old heavy pills to plink with. That's a decent price on those pulled pills BTW.
      Last edited by sneaky one; 03-01-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Capt. Morgan
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2015

Thanks guys, think I'll grab 500 to play with, saving some for anything that might need smashing. (Old hard drives?)

Any powder recommendations for the heavier pills in a 16" barrel? I thought I heard LEVERevolution mentioned for them. I have CFE, ARComp, and 8208 on hand.

Comment

• Drillboss
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

What's your barrel twist, Cap? I had to be at max load with my 1 in 9", 20" barrel to get 140's to stabilize.

Comment

• Capt. Morgan
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
            What's your barrel twist, Cap? I had to be at max load with my 1 in 9", 20" barrel to get 140's to stabilize.
            1:8. Got the rifle from Precision Firearms, don't recall the barrel.

Comment

• Drillboss
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

I bet you're good then. I swapped the rest of my 140's to a buddy with a Creedmoor.
              Last edited by Drillboss; 03-03-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X