• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McFireFighter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

129 Nosler Accubond LR on Order

Anyone mess with them yet? Ordered 200 of them to star load development for next seasons whitetail season. Excited about the expansion. Hoping for 2400fps out of my 20" Shilen.

On a side note I ordered my Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 FFP Mrad scope yesterday. The 6-24x50 PST is a great scope and love it but the FOV makes tracking whitetail in woods difficult. Even on 6x.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

What powder you plan to use?
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• tj_farmer
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2015

cfe and Lever working good here. im shooting paper, steel, and occasional coyote that's stupid enough to come check out my range.

Comment

• McFireFighter
        Warrior
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
        What powder you plan to use?
        CFE is a good place to start. I have 8208. No Leverevolution around here. Maybe if I place a big order for primers and stuff I'll pick some up. Hate that dang hazmat fee. CFE is easy to get here as well as 8208 XBR, good selection of IMR and RL powders. The load I found online was calling for 8208 XBR now that I think about it. His load was very warm by my book. I will be happy with 2400 and he was getting almost 2500 out of what appears to be the same barrel as mine. So I at least have a start point.

Comment

• McFireFighter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

We have some Coyotes around but man are they difficult to call in. Foxes come a running quick. I plan renewing my efforts this year. Kind of got frustrated of it.

Comment

• tj_farmer
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2015

never tried 8208, figured it was alittle fast. I like it in the 108-123 range bullets...our coyotes are about out of control around here. I try to do my part to help that out...haha

Comment

• McFireFighter
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

If they were that thick here I'd be out everyday.

This guy worked up to 27.8 of 8208 XBR and BR4 Primer. Says it's a little hot. I'm hoping I can get an accurate load at a lower velocity. That seems more than a little hot but everyone's rifle is different.

Comment

• kmon
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2015

Have only loaded it with CFE223 so far and getting good accuracy. Have some Leverevolution and 2000-MR to try it with as well.

Comment

• McFireFighter
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2016

I have a bunch of AA2200 I believe. I use it for the 120 SST in the 6.8 SPCII. Not sure if that would be an option or not. I'm going to load up some 8208 XBR first and see what happens then fall back on CFE. If I can get them shooting like the 123 A-Max, I'll be happy.

Comment

• tj_farmer
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2015

not sure on the whole expansion/kill ability, but as a straight flat flying bullet at long distance, 600+, I like them over Amax's

Comment

• McFireFighter
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2016

I've killed with the 140 AMax at 6.5-284 speed. This Nosler bullet opens a whole new world if it works as advertised.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by McFireFighter View Post
                        I have a bunch of AA2200 I believe. I use it for the 120 SST in the 6.8 SPCII. Not sure if that would be an option or not. I'm going to load up some 8208 XBR first and see what happens then fall back on CFE. If I can get them shooting like the 123 A-Max, I'll be happy.
                        AA2200 is way fast for even 120gr in 6.5 Grendel. 8208 is fast for a 129gr in the Grendel as well.

CFE and LVR are where it's at for 129gr. I did a ladder test with CFE and the 129gr ABLR and posted the results. Should be easy to find.
                        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• McFireFighter
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2016

I'm in no position to disagree with you. My knowledge definitely is not in powder.

I'm here to learn so with that I'll start with CFE 223. Thank you for the input. I have to do some traveling this week. Will have to hit some gun shops coming home and see what I can find.

Comment

• Tp56
                            Unwashed
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by tj_farmer View Post
                            not sure on the whole expansion/kill ability, but as a straight flat flying bullet at long distance, 600+, I like them over Amax's
                            I can attest to this rounds terminal performance. I have 8 kills with the 129ABLR and they were all devastating. The one whitetail I took with it had its insides turned into ground meat with lots of blood to track (though he only went 20yds or so).

Comment

• McFireFighter
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2016

I'm excited about this rifle for this season. Wish she were a little lighter but it's not overwhelming. Been trying to cut back on rifle weight. The barrel is the culprit this build. She shoots great so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X