• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakal
    Warrior
    • May 2014

Not 6.5 but 300BLK reloading problem

MODS: if this isn't the right place, please relocate and update me. This is cross-posted to 300blttalk.com

Need some help with A Dillon RL550B press.
    Equipment:Materials:
    Federal 300 BLK brass
    19.7 grains of H110 powder

Background:
    ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""
  • Joseph5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

When you say you are using an "AK" powder funnel do you mean the one for a 7.62x39? The caliber conversion kits are specific to the cartridge being loaded, just a thought. I know when I ran a 6.5 Grendel case into the powder charge station on a 550 that was set up for 7.62x39 to see if it would work without getting the caliber conversion kit the case shoulder collapsed.

Comment

• Jakal
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Yes the Dillon AK powder funnel is for the 7.62x39. That is the one they recommended for the 300BLK. I have all the other shellplates and buttons, just needed the funnel and a new die head and powder funnel die. Using Redding dies.

I had a good reply from http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...?f=141&t=97498 that I will follow up on Dillon with.
      Last edited by Jakal; 02-09-2016, 12:00 AM.
      ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• jose
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2014

All funnel

Originally posted by Jakal View Post
        Yes the Dillon AK powder funnel is for the 7.62x39. That is the one they recommended for the 300BLK. I have all the other shellplates and buttons, just needed the funnel and a new die head and powder funnel die. Using Redding dies.

I had a good reply from http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...?f=141&t=97498 that I will follow up on Dillon with.
        I also polished the bottom of powder dispenser and the ak funnel and now have no problem. Make sure your casing fully sends the powder bar on a full stroke. I quit H110 and went to 1680 also.

Comment

Working...
        X