• montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

I would try a 100 and if they shoot good would buy many more

Comment

I would be in for 200

Comment

• coastguardchas

I have been using 100gr Barnes ttsx with great results. Why more weight when the 100 gr works so well? Chas

Comment

Originally posted by coastguardchas View Post
          I have been using 100gr Barnes ttsx with great results. Why more weight when the 100 gr works so well? Chas
          I believe the main goal is to up the BC while trying not to have the bullet take up anymore case capacity. Plus nothing wrong with a little more weight would help penetration. And I would love to see what they could do with a grendel specific bullet.

Comment

After speaking with Barnes R&D, I learned that the 100gr TTSX was designed with the 6.5x55 Swede and .260 Remington in mind. Those cases aren't overly concerned with case capacity with 100gr bullets.

A new 100gr Barnes based around the Grendel case, with a double-radius ogive (first slightly tangent, then secant), with a higher BC would benefit all the 6.5mm chamberings, in addition to the Grendel. The Barnes bullets really shine in quartering shots, where the controlled expansion and 99% weight retention aid in keeping the bullet traveling close to its intended path, while penetrating deeply.

They offer similar performance to other premium bullets on a broadside shot, but when presented with a tough quartering shot, they are favored by many, especially on hogs and larger game.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

Count me in for 200 maybe more depending on price.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

So, there is the response. It will probably never hit 16-20,000.

The small market. Barnes is what it is-- plus the fouling is an issue..---I -spent some cash & time trying to find the best of the Best.= of those 2 copper - only 1 is alloy=lead free units. = Hornady is less fouling. & way more accurate!!!!

I Would rather - Paul & I go after Hornady for the ultimate 6.5mm GMX- to push some of the barnes items out of the way. Most guys don't shoot past 200yd. for deer-most.

We would be only perfectly in sync on this-with the full backing-ABAP from the Grendel community. I have done 3 years of study, H,2,0 tests-taking of Wht.tails-etc. Barrier tests-impromptu-yet hardcore, using a couple Barn units-yet-mostly the Hornady hotrods,. I use the Horn.XTP units. In my .44 Mag. Carbine for taking of deer. They have the same energy levels as Grr, inside of 150yds. Bang =flop.
                Barney, is =look who runs the place.Freedom group- alllll -righty then. Trust is way low on those corporate raiders.

Comment

• Y85
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2012

Sneaky, sorry I can't follow - I think u are suggesting we drop the Barnes idea and go to Hornady for a Grendel-specific GMX, is that correct? Makes sense, even though I love Barnes bullets, Hornady has done more for the 65G community than anyone.

Comment

• coastguardchas

to all: I've been loading 6.5 G. for several yrs, found 129 Hndy SST the best for game and accuracy at about 2600 fps. Had to go to non-lead a few yrs ago, only available was Barnes, and found 120gr not as accurate, but ok for game taking, 100gr barnes much more accurate and just as good for game taking at about 2950+ fps. I haven't heard any good stories about gmx or nosler etip bullets. I will stick with Barnes for now as I have a good supply.. Chas

Comment

Let's keep this thread focused on those interested in doing a Barnes group-buy if we can generate the necessary response. It looks like we're over 2250 units so far. I'll do 250 as well, bringing it to 2500.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Sorry, L 52. This is Your try on lighter pills.

Interesting, as though you pushed so hard from your mil. exp. as to the heavies are the best==the Grr gang mostly won't budge from old school ideas,=120gr. & more- towards something -leadfree., & lighter. , or so it seems.- As a non funny side note-, also a non-Grendel related- item= I have a box of Barnes 110 -.308 TTSX units to try out soon. Am I proud? no. happy? no-Wanting to start up my sm. bullet co.? Yes.
                        Also, I have made 110 Barnes tsx units, in 6.5G for 4 yrs. Very nice=no tip to deal w/ very accurate at shorter ranges=1-300 yds. Heavy hitters.
                        It is a nightmare to hop to & into anything lately- the shelves are empty. The count May rise on your LRX. idea... =I would try some as a small pkg. also. Count me in for 200 units.
                        Copper is cool. Bullet Lead spray is not good for the family dinner .

I will post my GMX trials elsewhere.= I thought I did that .- I will fire it up again.
                        Life is a team effort.

S1

Comment

I'd be in for 200 too. This is going to be a new fun gun to shoot.

Comment

Looks like 3800 so far.
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I like the 100 TTSX but I'd buy these instead. Put me down for 300.

The LRX (so far) doesn't appear to expand any more than the TTSX so assuming they give us a 100 grain version the penetration should be similar to the 100 TTSX. It's tough to get a deer to catch a 100 TTSX, they penetrate like crazy and blenderize the whole way through.

I linked this thread over at the Campfire. Lets see if there is any additional interest there.

Comment

Working...
                              X