MidwayUSA "house brand(ARStoner" 6.5 Grendel barrels... who made em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CavTrooper

MidwayUSA "house brand(ARStoner" 6.5 Grendel barrels... who made em?

Any info on who made the 6.5 Grendel barrels for MidwayUSA sold as ARStoner brand?
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Midway won't say, but I'm guessing Liberty Barrels. They produce house brands, and some of their barrels were sold by Satern as a favor and as a lower end offering in comparison to Saterns own barrels.

Comment

I don't recall where, but I read somewhere that they are made by ER Shaw.

Hoot

Comment

• CavTrooper

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
        Midway won't say, but I'm guessing Liberty Barrels. They produce house brands, and some of their barrels were sold by Satern as a favor and as a lower end offering in comparison to Saterns own barrels.
        Checking around, it appears reps from Midway and ER Shaw have said that they make some of the "AR Stoner" barrels. They didnt say the 6.5 Grendel specifically though, but someones gotta know for sure. Ive read that ER Shaw makes some barrels for Alexander Arms as well, is this true?

Either way, the one I got shoots very well and at the time I wanted a 6.5 grendel they were the only ones who had barrels in stock.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

ER Shaw is a possibility as well, though I wasn't aware that they did "house" brand barrels. That's entirely my own ignorance of ER Shaw's practices.

Comment

From what I've read "most" (or all) of the midway house barrels are Shaw but nothing specific as to 6.5G.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CavTrooper View Post
              Checking around, it appears reps from Midway and ER Shaw have said that they make some of the "AR Stoner" barrels. They didnt say the 6.5 Grendel specifically though, but someones gotta know for sure. Ive read that ER Shaw makes some barrels for Alexander Arms as well, is this true?

Either way, the one I got shoots very well and at the time I wanted a 6.5 grendel they were the only ones who had barrels in stock.
              CT:

Yes, AA uses or at least used Shaw barrels. The Overwatch I had was one that had a Shaw barrel. It was stamped on the barrel. Good hunting quality barrel.

LR1955

Comment

Working...
              X